ago I committed to blogging every day. It’s been a challenging, exhilarating and growth experience for me. Here are the top things I have discovered so far.
- Creativity is a function of discipline, not inspiration. Like most muscles, it grows stronger under tension.
- Devoting time to collecting my daily thoughts has paid huge dividends. Forcing myself to contemplate and think deeply about something every day has enriched my thought life and my mental discipline.
- Generosity is a powerful self-motivator. How can I add value to someone else today? How can my thinking enrich the lives of others? This has become a personal narrative.
- Vulnerability is scary and rewarding. Exposing your thoughts is not always comfortable. It opens up discourse and helps me to refine my thinking, perspectives and understanding.
- Big goals require a big sacrifice. Commitment comes easily at first. Opportunity cost increases over time. As the bar is raised, it constantly tests the boundaries of your commitment and discipline.
Thank you for sharing this journey with me. Thank you for spending your time to engage my contributions.
Here’s to the next 500 days!
Here’s to the potential in your next 500-day commitment.